Modern Infrastructure with Terraform & Consul
This is a comprehensive, engineer-led course that covers two of HashiCorp's tools - Consul and Terraform. Topics include provisioning and managing infrastructure with Terraform, monitoring infrastructure with Consul, building reactive infrastructure with Consul tools, and using Atlas to manage and monitor infrastructure in a team environment. Example subjects include:
- Terraform syntax, internals, and patterns
- Creating and accessing compute instances
- Provisioning resources with Terraform
- Registering instances with Consul
- Adding Consul health checks
- Building a dynamic load balancer with Consul and Consul Template
- Managing DNS with Terraform
- Evaluating changes with Atlas
- Building ephemeral environments
- Participants must have an active AWS account with permissions to create and manage resources - there will be a small charge (less than $1 USD) for the tutorial to the account. Please make sure the account is verified. Do not use a company account or enable session tokens.
- Participants must have the latest version of Vault installed locally.
- Participants must have the latest version of Consul Template installed locally.
- Participants must have administrator privileges on their laptop or the ability to escalate privilege easily.
- Participants must have a modern Internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.